I gave a Google survey at the end of first semester, several students mentioned that the 4 point grading scale that I was using seemed a little goofy. One mistake put you down to a 75 and after the standard had moved to the 5 point maximum, that was a 60. I started off by using the point system outlined in this blog post by Dan Meyer
Dan Meyer SBG
I thought that the number of standards assigned each quarter would balance that off, but I do still think one small mistake could have too much of an impact on the grade, so I've decided to make each standard worth 9 points instead of 4. If a student gets 9/9 twice, they receive the full credit of 10/10. Also, second semester involves some complex tasks, so I'd like to have more points to work with for partial credit.