Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The start of 2013/2014

Okay, so here's how I am going to continue to expand Algebra 1


  1. This will be our first year of the Common Core Curriculum. Last year, the dept created an outline of what topics would be covered and in what order. Now, it's time to put that into practice.
  2. Last year, I wrote an online ck-12 book for Algebra 1. I am going to realign this book to new CC Curriculum
  3. I plan on Implement Standards Based Grading as a first step towards personalized learning plans
  4. Continue making information available anywhere, anytime.  Last year, I created a website that I put all classroom materials on, including SMART Board notes from class. I will expand this to include videos of major topics to enhance SBG. The plan is to make it easier for students to retest a topic by allowing them to access the lecture over again on their time. I plan to make videos, I learned how to use Camtasia and a Bamboo tablet at the Anja Greer Conference on Math, Science and Technology at Phillips Exeter and I want to put those skills to use. If I run out of time, I will post someone else's videos.
  5. Increased use of problem solving activities. This type of thinking is at the heart of Common Core and I will make greater use of the wealth of activities that have been made increasingly available over the last few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment