Friday, October 12, 2012

Trashsketball

This game has been going around quite a bit recently, it is awesome.  Here is one link to the rules, http://exponentialcurve.blogspot.com/2009/12/review-game-trashketball.html  I tried it yesterday.  I used Infinite Algebra to generate a sheet with five similar problems.  I put them on the document camera and each group worked on their number problem.  Each student had a whiteboard and I called one individual student numbers to have one person from each group display their work.  Each group got 5 points for a correct answer and then they got a chance for bonus points by throwing a wadded paper into the recycle bin from a 1, 2 or 3 point line (their choice).  I had four sets of problems ready, it took about 20 minutes.  They were all engaged and it was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment